About the Training:
This course is taught by Dr. Tony Tatman
Any person(s) from your agency, i.e. officer, clerk, secretary, etc. can become a Certified Proctor. A certificate will be issued on the day of attendance. The Proctor Certification will be good for 3 years expiring on 12/31.2022. At that time, the proctor would need to be re-certified to continue proctoring. A list of certified proctor and their agencies is listed on our website.
Benefits of proctor training for administration of the POST and MMPI-2, and MMPI-2 scoring at ILEA:
· Tests can be administered by your local staff at a mutually convenient time.
· Since the tests are administered "on site" there are no travel expenses.
· The cost of the proctoring school ($75.00) is recovered with the first test administration for any agency paying more than $50 to have the test proctored by an outside agency.
· Once trained, proctors could offer their services to other nearby agencies, if desired.
· Since tests are interpreted at the ILEA there will be no need to forward findings from an outside agency to the Academy.
· Tests interpreted by ILEA are usually less expensive than in the private sector.
· It has been the case that one field psychologist's interpretation may be too severe, another too lenient; some use classifications, some do not. The results of tests interpreted by ILEA will be uniform across counties.
If each agency had their own proctor, there would be no cost per administration. If the tests were sent to ILEA for scoring and interpretation at $150.00 MMPI-2, this would be a considerable savings to many of you who are paying much more per evaluation. Of course, the choice of having a proctor trained and using ILEA for scoring and interpretation would remain with your agency.